PE Subject Leaders Four Day Accredited Award
This course looks at leading and managing improvement in Primary PE and is appropriate for colleagues who have a leadership role for PE within a primary school setting.
This course will support subject leaders to:
- Lead teaching and learning
- Set targets for improvement in PE
- Make judgements about pupils' achievement in PE and meet Ofsted expectations
- Lead sustainable improvement
- Develop subject knowledge in pedagogy in primary school PE
- Planning for continuity, progression and assessment
- Develop advocacy skills in Primary PE
When: Thursday 7th November 2019, Wednesday 22nd January 2020, Tuesday 25th March 2020 & Thursday 23rd April 2020
Time: 9am - 4pm each day
Where: Trethrone Leisure Centre
Cost: £425 ARENA Members, £550 Non-Members
Click here for further information and to book your place
Wild Tribes Outdoor Learning Practitioner Award
This is a two day course aimed at teachers and teaching assistants who hold a level three qualification.
As well as practical skills to be able to set up an effective learning environment in the outdoors, attendees will recieve resources and schemes of work to use in the future.
Where: Illogan Primary School
When: Monday 14th & Tuesday 15th October 2019
Where: Dunstone Primary School
When: Monday 2nd & Tuesday 3rd March 2020
Where: STERTS, Upton Cross
When: Wednesday 10th & Thursday 11th June 2020
Where: Holsworthy Primary School
When: Tuesday 16th & Wednesday 17th June 2020
Timings: All courses run from 9am - 3.30pm each day
Costs: £235 Arena SLA Members / £325 for Non Members
Includes a min starter kit for teaching outdoor learning!
Further details can be found in the document below.
To book your place click here
Teachers' Trampoline Awards
The Teachers' Trampoline Awards consist of two parts. Part One must be completed before progressing to Part Two. Part One and Part Two courses may run concurrently, consisting of a four-day delivery.
In order to be eligible to attend the Teachers' Trampoline Awards, a candidate must be:
- Specialist trained PE teacher, or
- Trainee PE teacher (undertaking a PGCE, GTP or SCITT or in their 3rd/4th year of a QTS course); or
- Teachers who not PE specialists, but hold a current UKCC Level 2 (or higher) BG coaching award, or equivalent.
How to apply
Teachers' courses are listed on the BG website via the Find a Course search facility.
Select Teachers as the type of course and click 'Find' to see a full list of Teachers' courses available.
If you are interested in attending a particular course, you can contact the course organiser, whose details will be listed on the course details page.
Find out more
If you would like to know more about our Teachers' courses you can send your enquiry to:
Or alternatively, you can contact the Education Team on:
0845 129 7129 ext: 2392