Time to go indoors and try your hand at Bowls
As the nights start to draw in and the temperature drops why don't you give Indoor Bowls a go at one of Cornwall's specialist indoor bowling arenas.
At the end of September 2015 the following clubs are offering FREE taster sessions for the public to turn up and have a go whatever your standard and don't be put off if you have never had a go before because experienced bowlers will be on hand to show you the ropes.
• Caradon Indoor Bowls Club, Lux Park Leisure Centre, Liskeard - 26th & 27th September 2015. Contact D Trundle on 01579 343191
• Carnmoggas Indoor Bowls Club, Little Polgooth, St Austell - 22nd September 2015 10am till 10pm, 26th & 27th September 2015 10am till 5pm. Contact M Richards on 01726 73676
• Newquay Indoor Bowls Club, The Sports Centre, Newquay - 19th September 2015 12pm till 2pm & 26th September 2015 10am till 8pm. Contact J Bunt on 01637 875532
• Veryan Indoor Bowls Club, Veryan Sports and Social Club, Veryan - 2nd & 4th October 2015, 2pm till 5pm. Contact Lorna Couch on 01872 501589
• Bodmin Indoor Bowls Club, Castle Canyke Rd, Bodmin - no specific days. Contact B Jones 01208 73822
Tim Marrion, Bowls lead from the Cornwall Sports Partnership had this to say 'Is it great to see these clubs in partnership with the Cornwall Bowls Alliance opening up their doors for the public to have a go and grow the game of bowls all year round. You don't need any equipment just turn up and join in the fun and the social atmosphere these clubs create. The great thing is that you can go on to bowl competitively or just socially depending what you what and everyone is ensured to have fun whatever your age from juniors to those in their eighties!'
For more information on getting involved in Bowls in Cornwall please visit www.getactivecornwall.co.uk and search Bowls or call the Cornwall Sports Partnership on T: 01872 323344.