Cornwall Club Support Programme goes live
The Cornwall Sports Partnership, working with the National Governing Bodies of Sport (NGBs), has devised a 9 month Club Support Programme. The programme has been specifically designed to take clubs step-by-step through the Clubmark accreditation process and provide advice on funding, recruiting volunteers and working with schools.
Clubmark is the only national cross sports quality accreditation scheme for clubs with junior sections. It is built around a set of core criteria which ensure that accredited clubs operate to a set of consistent, accepted and adopted minimum operating standards.
Clubmark sits within NGB’s own accreditation schemes and the NGB may have additional criteria that will need to be achieved on top of Clubmark. This programme will support clubs through the process and will assist them towards achieving their NGB’s award.
As a single, national standard, Clubmark gives sports clubs of all types structure and direction. Together with Clubmark benefits of being part of the Cornwall Club Support Programme include:
- Club development -The foundation for any club is its youth structure. By encouraging and attracting young members, it is building a strong future.
- Increased membership - Addressing issues like equity and child protection gives parents confidence when choosing a club for their children. Building links and relationships with local schools.
- Developing coaches and volunteers - As part of Clubmark, clubs receive help in developing the skills of those involved in their organisation.
- Raised profile - Once Clubmark accredited, clubs will be listed on a national database and in other directories, to help them attract new members and grow.
- Increased funding – Funding advice and tips for completing application forms
- Volunteers – Well trained and valued volunteers are more likely to remain volunteering in a club.
These events will bring together clubs from a wide range of sports to explore important elements of club development and discuss practical solutions to common issues. Clubs will be encouraged to send different club members to these workshops.
- Introduction to the Cornwall Club Support Programme and Clubmark
- Finding the Funds
- Volunteer Support
- Working with Schools
Individual Mentoring Support Clinics
Each club will have access to three one hour clinic sessions, clubs will be allocated a Support Officer who will provide individual support and advice aimed at helping the club through the process of completing the accreditation folder. These sessions can either be in person, via email or on the phone as required.
The aim of these sessions is to provide practical ongoing support to clubs as they work through the accreditation process.
Access to generic coach / club development workshops
Each club will receive a £150 worth of vouchers redeemable against a range of coach / club development workshops which Cornwall Sports Partnership organises. The vouchers can be used to access:
- Safeguarding & Protecting Children
- A Club for All
- Equity in Your Coaching
- Fundamentals of Movement
- Emergency First Aid
The programme costs £800 for each club that wishes to attend but the programme is eligible for significant government funding support through the Learning and Skills Council (LSC) . Clubs will be able to apply to the LSC for £650 worth of support towards the programme and in order to make things as straightforward as possible Cornwall Sports Partnership will co-ordinate applications from participating clubs to the LSC.
Subject to successfully obtaining LSC funding then the net cost to each club is just £150. And this of course includes vouchers worth £150 for training workshops.
How to Apply
To apply for a place on the programme please download the below document and complete application form, and return to the Cornwall Sports Partnership as soon as possible, no later than 31 March 2010.
Please note that places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
You do not need to make any payment with your application. Once we receive your application we will complete the necessary paperwork on your behalf to access LSC funding. You will then be asked to sign off the paperwork so that we can forward it to LSC. You will be asked to make payment once LSC has approved you funding.