Join in Local Sport
How will your club benefit from this Olympic summer of sport?
One weekend in August.
One celebration of grassroots sports.
One golden opportunity for every sports club in the UK.
Why Join In Local Sport?
Here's why clubs all around the UK are hosting special activities and events for the Join In Weekend.
- Free and simple - It's free to be part of Join In Local Sport and events should be low-cost and simple to run
- Your event - You can run whatever kind of activity or event you like - and if you'd like some inspiration, our team will help you with ideas, support and practical advice to help plan your day.
- More people - What would you do with a few more pairs of hands... or feet? Whether you need more players, helpers out or supporters, our goal is to get as many local people as you would like to turn up, take part and join in at your club.
- Higher profile - Clubs that host an event will benefit from our extensive marketing, social media and PR expertise. We'll ensure that as many people as possible know about your event - including local and regional press. Your club and event will also be featured on the Join In website.
- Building for the future - What does your club need? A Join In event could help you to reach new and diverse members, or local people who have skills and knowledge that will strengthen your club - not just this summer but for years to come.
Shining a spotlight on local sport
Here are just a few ways in which our team will be raising publicity for Join In Local Sport events.
- The Join In plaque award: We want to honour community clubs and trainers who have worked with Olympic and Paralympic athletes and sports stars - both past and present. Let us know about your local hero.
- Celebrity tweetathons, YouTube viral videos, Facebook campaigns to promote Join In Local Sport events and activities.
- Endorsements from an array of sports ambassadors in the build up to the Join In Weekend.
- Original and exciting publicity campaigns over the course of the weekend - creating as many media opportunities as possible.
- Strategic local print and radio campaigns across the UK - helping to inspire local people to find Join In Local Sport events near them
- TV, press and radio coverage in the build-up to the Join In Weekend.
- On-going publicity: Our events team will be documenting the Join In Weekend to generate even more post-event publicity for local sports clubs.
It couldn't be easier to Join In. Simply visit www.joininuk.org to find out more and create your event.
If you'd prefer to speak to someone on the phone, please contact our club recruitment team:
Chris Jenkin: Chris.firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 7006 7466 / 07980 023 387
Teddy Ryan: email@example.com / 020 7006 7466 / 07921 088 669