People's Postcode Trust Small Grants Programme is returning!
The People's Postcode Trust Small Grants Programme is returning again from 1st April 2015 for the south of England.
Since 2009, the Trust has awarded over £9 million to more than 1,400 projects across Great Britain, with over £6.5 million of this going to the Small Grants Programme. The Trust likes to support innovative and engaging projects of up to one year in length that bring a positive impact to local communities.
Grants between £500 and £20,000 are available for projects that advance citizenship or community development in the following areas:
- Somerset, and
Projects must have a clear charitable purpose and last no longer than 12 months.
The following funding levels apply to specific applicants:
- Applicants that are not formally registered as a charity with the Charity Commission can apply for up to £2,000 in funding.
- Applicants that are registered with the Charity Commission and can provide a charity number can apply for up to £20,000.
As a general guideline, the larger and longer the project the higher the amount it would be considered acceptable to request, but PLEASE NOTE that the amount requested should be directly related to the strength of the long term outcomes of the project.
The following organisations are eligible to apply:
- Registered charities (requires a Charity Commission number)
- aritable Incorporated Organisations
- Constituted voluntary and community groups
- Social enterprises
- Community Interest Companies (CIC)
- Not-for-profit organisations
- Sports clubs
The programme opens on Wednesday 1st April and closes to applications on Thursday 30th April 2015.
For further information, visit the People's Postcode Trust website