Sport England announces Community Sport Activation Fund
The Community Sport Activation Fund is a £40 million Lottery revenue fund developed to support grassroots activity at a very local level.
The Fund was designed in response to demand and will aim to unlock potential and resources. We will not prescribe how projects will deliver but will invest in what works best in different areas, based on local evidence.
The kinds of projects we expect to fund include:
- Activities reflecting a broad range of sports
- Informal opportunities which could lead to regular participation
- Multi-sport activities which provide people with a range of choices and opportunities to suit them
- Family orientated activities with a focus on 14 plus age group
- Local activator roles that focus on directly organising and delivering new opportunities for participation
Projects could be for up to three years and the grants will range from £50,000 - £250,000 with match funding required.
The best projects for this fund will demonstrate the following key characteristics:
- A focus on a clearly defined geographical area and community
- Demonstrable understanding of sporting needs
- Evidence of what potential participants want or need in order to take part in sport once a week
- Local partners working together to deliver and match fund the project
- A clear and robust delivery plan
- Realistic, but ambitious, numbers for increasing and sustaining once a week participation
There are five opportunities to apply for this Fund over the next four years. Given the number of opportunities to apply we encourage you to apply only once your project is ready.
Round 1 - 7 January 2013 - 4 February 2013. We will only invest in a small number of strong, well-developed projects that are able to start to deliver by 1 June 2013.
Round 2 - 7 May 2013 - 1 July 2013
Round 3 - November 2013 - January 2014
Round 4 - May 2014 - June 2014
Round 5 - April 2015 - June 2015