General Financial Advice
General Advice: Text ADVICE to 78866
Financial Advice: Text DEBT to 78866
An advisor will aim to call you back within 48 hours excluding weekends.
Helpline: 03444 111 444 available Monday to Friday 10:00am to 4:00pm
Cornwall Council Money Advice Page
Cornwall Council has a page on its website for people who are worried about money with lots of signposting to
- help with benefits
- free school meals
- help with childcare costs
- Government advice
- People & Skills Hub
- Council Tax arrears and more
Christians Against Poverty
Christians Against Poverty is committed to bringing life changing freedom and good news to people in desperate need. Now Liskeard and Looe have their very own frontline CAP debt centre.
It’s a completely free, non-profit making service, which has been funded by donations and grants. CAP doesn’t pay off its clients’ debt, instead it helps clients by:
- Analysing their income & expenditure
- Advising what income is available (after covering essentials) to repay debt
- Teaching budgeting skills
- Advising the best way to deal with debt
- Taking over responsibility for dealing with those who are owed money
- Making arrangements to repay the debt
A national charity providing practical help to people who are struggling financially.
Worried about money leaflet
Cornwall Council has put together this great leaflet providing advice and information about managing money in difficult times.
Cost of Living Crisis Support
Information on the Household Support Fund and the Cost of Living Payments from Cornwall Council.