Looking to develop your current skills? Want to try your hand at something new? We’ve plenty of training courses and opportunities across Cornwall to fulfil your aspirations
Booking a course
Mental Health Awareness for Sport and Physical Activity
This workshop has been designed for you to gain the confidence to be able to support people experiencing mental health problems, and help them to thrive inside and outside of your sessions.
Basic First Aid
This course will enabling candidates to attain the knowledge and practical competencies needed to deal with a range of first aid situations and safely use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED), Valid for 3 years
- Monday 6th June 2022, 6-9pm at Truro College – Cricket Centre
- Wednesday 20th July 2022, 6-9pm at Bodmin FA Offices – Meeting room
- Tuesday 13th September 2022, 6-9pm at Truro College – Cricket Centre
- Thursday 24th November 2022, 6-9pm at Carn Brea – Hub Club
- Wednesday 8th February 2023, 6-9pm at Bodmin FA Offices – Meeting room
- Tuesday 21st March 2023, 6-9pm at Truro College – Cricket Centr
Time to Listen
The Child Protection in Sport Unit has developed Time to Listen (TTL) training for Club Welfare Officers. This multi-sport workshop is designed to equip Welfare Officers at various levels within sporting organisations to fulfil their safeguarding responsibilities to children.
Date: No dates set
* Please check with your governing body of sport to see if they accept the multi-sport version of Time to Listen.
* Anyone wishing to attend this workshop must have a valid Safeguarding Certificate.
If you are interested in attending this workshop, please contact the Active Cornwall Team on email@example.com
Safeguarding & Protecting Children
This workshop will raise your awareness of the tell-tale signs of abuse, and give you the tools and confidence you need to deal with any issues sensitively, appropriately and effectively should the need ever arise in your coaching career.
This course has been awarded 3 CPD points by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA).
- Wednesday 13th July 2022, 6-9pm at Carn Brea – Hub Club
- Thursday 15th September 2022, 6-9pm at Truro College – Cricket Centre
- Thursday 1st December 2022, 6-9pm at Bodmin FA Offices – Meeting room
- Wednesday 15th March 2023, 6-9pm at Truro College – Cricket Centre
A confirmation email with course details and payment information will be sent shortly after. If you’d like to check your application has been received, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org Workshops and courses have a limited number of attendees, so please ensure booking is successful before attending so you are not turned away.
- If we cancel a course, then a refund or alternative booking will be offered.
- If a customer cancels their place, with seven or more days’ notice, then a refund or alternative booking will be offered
- If a customer cancels with fewer than seven days’ notice, there will be no refund and no alternative booking.