Looking to develop your current skills? Want to try your hand at something new? We’ve plenty of training courses and opportunities across Cornwall to fulfil your aspirations
Parkinson’s Awareness Training for Physical Activity Providers
Do you want to increase attendance at your activity sessions?
Would you like to make a significant impact on the life of a person with Parkinson’s?
Wednesday 18th January
15.30 – 18.00
Penzance Lesuire Centre
Click below for more information
This Girl Can Class Instructor
If you’re passionate about getting more women in your community active, then EMDUK wants you!
We’re looking for you if you are:
- Dedicated to making less active women feel welcome
- Able to create a supportive, non-judgemental class environment
- Ready to inspire more communities and get the nation healthier
The target audience for This Girl Can Classes is less active women. This includes women who may not have done group exercise before, may not be doing much exercise, or may not have exercised for years. This Girl Can research shows these women will likely have barriers to exercise, including fear of judgement.
Location: Penryn College
Date: 26 March 2023
To book your place and for more information, click the link below.
Mental Health Awareness for Sport and Physical Activity
This workshop has been designed for you to gain the confidence to be able to support people experiencing mental health problems, and help them to thrive inside and outside of your sessions.
Basic First Aid
This course will enable candidates to attain the knowledge and practical competencies needed to deal with a range of first aid situations and safely use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). Valid for 3 years.
- Thursday 24th November 2022, 6-9pm at Carn Brea – Hub Club
- Wednesday 8th February 2023, 6-9pm at Cornwall Football Association HQ in Bodmin; meeting room.
- Tuesday 21st March 2023, 6-9pm at Truro College – Cricket Centre
Time to Listen
The Child Protection in Sport Unit has developed Time to Listen (TTL) training for Club Welfare Officers. This multi-sport workshop is designed to equip Welfare Officers at various levels within sporting organisations to fulfil their safeguarding responsibilities to children.
Date: No dates set
* Please check with your governing body of sport to see if they accept the multi-sport version of Time to Listen.
* Anyone wishing to attend this workshop must have a valid Safeguarding Certificate.
If you are interested in attending this workshop, please contact the Active Cornwall Team on email@example.com
Safeguarding & Protecting Children
This workshop will raise your awareness of the tell-tale signs of abuse, and give you the tools and confidence you need to deal with any issues sensitively, appropriately and effectively should the need ever arise in your coaching career.
This course has been awarded 3 CPD points by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA).
- Thursday 1st December 2022, 6-9pm at Cornwall Football Association HQ in Bodmin; meeting room.
- Wednesday 15th March 2023, 6-9pm at Truro College – Cricket Centre
Cancellation policy for Active Cornwall Courses
- If we cancel a course, then a refund or alternative booking will be offered.
- If a customer cancels their place, with seven or more days’ notice, then a refund or alternative booking will be offered
- If a customer cancels with fewer than seven days’ notice, there will be no refund and no alternative booking.